Thread Links Date Links

Re: [802SEC] November 802 LMSC Workshop Update

Thank you James.  Regards, --Paul

------ Original Message ------
From: "James P. K. Gilb" <00002e97ee634fdf-dmarc-request@listserv.ieee.org>
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Sent: 9/19/2024 3:49:57 AM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] November 802 LMSC Workshop Update

Paul

I confirm acceptance of my assignment.
--
James Gilb
IEEE 802 LMSC Chair

Sep 18, 2024, 7:44 AM by paul.nikolich@ATT.NET:

 Dear All,

 Stephen McCann has kindly agreed to serve as the 802 LMSC Workshop Secretary and will give the update at the 01 Oct 2024 conference call because I will be on vacation 28 Sept to 06 Oct.  Thank you Stephen.

 Thank you David, Edward and Peter for stepping up to lead your topics.  > We are still looking for volunteers to lead the remaining discussion topics. Since we are missing topic leaders, I suggest the following assignments.  To those individuals listed below, please confirm acceptance of the assignment.

 James Gilb: Revisit 802 Scope
 George Zimmerman: Improve mixed-mode experience
 Tuncer Baykas: Improve SW platforms
 Geoff Thompson: Initiate new IEEE Milestone activities
 David Halasz: Succession Planning
 Dorothy Stanley/Glenn Parsons: Collaborative activities with other SDOs, Alliances, SIGs, etc.
 Clint Powell: Improve recognition of exceptional performance

 Short Term Topics
 Attendance requirements – in person vs remote. David Law, leader.
 Improving quality and resiliency of mixed-mode experience
 Maintain/improve existing SW platforms: Web pages (content and web platform), Mentor, IMAT, email archive, calendar, Grouper, etc.
 Initiate additional IEEE 802 Milestone activities
 Improve collaboration with Computer Society. Edward Au, leader.
 Long Term Topics
 Revisit 802 LMSC Scope
 Leadership succession planning and participant support
 Collaborative activities with other SDOs, Alliances, SIGs, etc.
 Discuss permissible commercial activities. Peter Yee, leader.
 Improve recognition of exceptional performance
 Thank you and Regards,

 --Paul